One thing we're really proud of here at Sockness Builders, Inc. is that we have pretty amazing employees. Not only are they hard workers with great attention to detail, but they are good people who our clients are happy to have working on their homes. These guys get rave reviews all the time from clients who appreciate their friendly conversation, their excellent work, and the way they leave jobsites cleaned up just like it were their own home. Here are some fun facts about our crew:
1. He's known for his famous chocolate cookie bars and deviled eggs.
2. He started working in construction (concrete) when he was only eleven!
3. He's been on a safari hunt in South Africa.
1. He loves to cruise whether it's by ship or in his Corvette.
2. He's an avid bowler and has bowled a perfect 300 twice.
3. He loves spending time with his family.
1. He's a "girl dad" and proud of it.
2. He loves landscaping projects, especially mowing the lawn.
3. He's a master on the grill and at smoking meats!
Marketing + Bidding
Erin is Jon and Micki's daughter who started working with the company back in 2011. Her background is in marketing, and she helps out with bidding, creating proposals, and helping clients through the building or remodeling process. Here are three facts about Erin:
1. She loves to spend time with her two little kids - Ensley (9) and Landry (7).
2. She also owns her own photography business, Don't Blink Photography, where she specializes in family portraits and weddings.
3. She can hardly go a day without an iced coffee!
Judy works in the office at Sockness Builders and you've probably talked with her on the phone if you've called us. She lives in Janesville (she's been in Wisconsin most of her life), but she's originally from LaPorte, Indiana. She loves to spend time with her kids and grandkids, her friends, and their families too. Here are some fun facts about our friend, Judy:
1. She's been a Wisconsin Badger fan since 1958.
2. Her favorite hobbies are sewing, crafting, reading, traveling, and going out to eat.
3. She says that ever since she retired, she's been busier than ever!
Jon + Micki
Jon and Micki are a husband and wife team who began Sockness Builders, Inc. together more than 30 years ago. While Jon runs the day-to-day operations as the company's president, Micki handles the accounts payable and bookwork behind the scenes. Together, they love to spend time with their grandkids, go out to eat, and play cards with friends. Here are some fun facts about them:
1. The biggest musky he has landed to date is 47.5 inches, but he's sure that he will land a 50-incher soon!
2. He likes to cook (he's pretty darn good at it!) and if he weren't building houses, maybe he'd be a chef.
3. He began his construction career while working for his dad as a teenager.
1. She used to own her own quilt shop and has created hundred of quilts.
2. She has an eye for design and used to help decorate all of the Sockness Builders parade homes.
3. She's a total animal lover and once owned 27 cats at one time... yes, twenty-seven!